Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Toefl essay compare and contrast

Toefl essay compare and contrast

Mar/Sun/2018 | Uncategorized

Comparison and Contrast Essay Paragraphs - Litesee

Toefl essay compare and contrast

Custom Essay Writing Service -
Comparison and Contrast Essay Paragraphs - Litesee

auto essay grader Jeff Pence knows the best way for his 7th grade English students to improve their writing is to do more of it. Toefl Essay Compare And Contrast! But with 140 students, it would take him at least two weeks to grade a batch of their essays. So the Canton, Ga., middle school teacher uses an online, automated essay-scoring program that allows students to get feedback on of lifeboat, their writing before handing in their work. It doesn't tell them what to do, but it points out where issues may exist, said Mr. Pence, who says the essay, a Pearson WriteToLearn program engages the students almost like a game. With the technology, he has been able to assign an essay a week and thesis sites, individualize instruction efficiently.

I feel it's pretty accurate, Mr. Pence said. Is it perfect? No. Toefl! But when I reach that 67th essay, I'm not real accurate, either. As a team, we are pretty good. With the sa social sites, push for students to become better writers and meet the toefl compare and contrast, new Common Core State Standards, teachers are eager for new tools to help out.

Pearson, which is based in London and sa social networking, New York City, is toefl and contrast one of essay on being a responsible several companies upgrading its technology in this space, also known as artificial intelligence, AI, or machine-reading. Toefl Essay And Contrast! New assessments to test deeper learning and move beyond multiple-choice answers are also fueling the demand for software to help automate the scoring of open-ended questions. Critics contend the software doesn't do much more than count words and therefore can't replace human readers, so researchers are working hard to improve the contraceptive, software algorithms and counter the naysayers. While the essay compare and contrast, technology has been developed primarily by companies in proprietary settings, there has been a new focus on improving it through open-source platforms. Essay On Being A Responsible Citizen! New players in essay compare and contrast, the market, such as the startup venture LightSide and edX, the essays on software, nonprofit enterprise started by Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, are openly sharing their research. Last year, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation sponsored an open-source competition to spur innovation in automated writing assessments that attracted commercial vendors and teams of scientists from around the world. (The Hewlett Foundation supports coverage of deeper learning issues in Education Week .) We are seeing a lot of collaboration among competitors and toefl compare, individuals, said Michelle Barrett, the director of thesis tungkol sites research systems and toefl essay and contrast, analysis for CTB/McGraw-Hill, which produces the Writing Roadmap for use in thesis networking sites, grades 3-12. This unprecedented collaboration is encouraging a lot of discussion and toefl essay compare, transparency. Mark D. Shermis, an education professor at the University of Akron, in Ohio, who supervised the Hewlett contest, said the meeting of top public and commercial researchers, along with input from hacknot, a variety of toefl compare fields, could help boost performance of the technology. The recommendation from the Hewlett trials is that the automated software be used as a second reader to monitor the human readers' performance or provide additional information about writing, Mr.

Shermis said. The technology can't do everything, and nobody is claiming it can, he said. But it is a technology that has a promising future. The first automated essay-scoring systems go back to the early 1970s, but there wasn't much progress made until the 1990s with the advent of the Internet and the ability to store data on hard-disk drives, Mr. Shermis said.

More recently, improvements have been made in the technology's ability to evaluate language, grammar, mechanics, and style; detect plagiarism; and provide quantitative and qualitative feedback. Essay! The computer programs assign grades to writing samples, sometimes on a scale of 1 to 6, in a variety of areas, from word choice to organization. The products give feedback to help students improve their writing. Others can grade short answers for content. To save time and money, the technology can be used in various ways on formative exercises or summative tests. The Educational Testing Service first used its e-rater automated-scoring engine for a high-stakes exam in 1999 for the Graduate Management Admission Test, or GMAT, according to David Williamson, a senior research director for assessment innovation for the Princeton, N.J.-based company. It also uses the technology in its Criterion Online Writing Evaluation Service for grades 4-12.

Over the years, the capabilities changed substantially, evolving from simple rule-based coding to essay compare, more sophisticated software systems. And statistical techniques from computational linguists, natural language processing, and machine learning have helped develop better ways of identifying certain patterns in review, writing. But challenges remain in coming up with a universal definition of good writing, and in training a computer to understand nuances such as voice. Compare! In time, with larger sets of data, more experts can identify nuanced aspects of writing and improve the technology, said Mr. Williamson, who is encouraged by essays on software development the new era of openness about the research.

It's a hot topic, he said. There are a lot of researchers and academia and industry looking into this, and that's a good thing. In addition to using the toefl essay, technology to improve writing in the classroom, West Virginia employs automated software for its statewide annual reading language arts assessments for grades 3-11. Thesis! The state has worked with CTB/McGraw-Hill to customize its product and train the engine, using thousands of papers it has collected, to score the students' writing based on a specific prompt. Toefl Compare And Contrast! We are confident the scoring is very accurate, said Sandra Foster, the thinking 7 quiz, lead coordinator of assessment and accountability in the West Virginia education office, who acknowledged facing skepticism initially from teachers. But many were won over, she said, after a comparability study showed that the accuracy of a trained teacher and toefl and contrast, the scoring engine performed better than two trained teachers. Training involved a few hours in how to assess the writing rubric. Plus, writing scores have gone up since implementing the review writing services, technology. Automated essay scoring is also used on the ACT Compass exams for community college placement, the new Pearson General Educational Development tests for a high school equivalency diploma, and other summative tests.

But it has not yet been embraced by the College Board for the SAT or the toefl essay, rival ACT college-entrance exams. The two consortia delivering the new assessments under the thesis tungkol sa social, Common Core State Standards are reviewing machine-grading but have not committed to essay, it. Jeffrey Nellhaus, the director of policy, research, and design for the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers, or PARCC, wants to know if the technology will be a good fit with its assessment, and the consortium will be conducting a study based on contraceptive, writing from its first field test to see how the scoring engine performs. Likewise, Tony Alpert, the chief operating officer for toefl and contrast, the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium, said his consortium will evaluate the technology carefully. With his new company LightSide, in Pittsburgh, owner Elijah Mayfield said his data-driven approach to automated writing assessment sets itself apart from other products on the market. What we are trying to do is contraceptive build a system that instead of correcting errors, finds the strongest and weakest sections of the writing and where to improve, he said. It is acting more as a revisionist than a textbook. The new software, which is available on an open-source platform, is being piloted this spring in districts in Pennsylvania and New York. In higher education, edX has just introduced automated software to grade open-response questions for use by compare teachers and professors through its free online courses. One of the challenges in sa social, the past was that the code and algorithms were not public. They were seen as black magic, said company President Anant Argawal, noting the technology is in an experimental stage.

With edX, we put the code into open source where you can see how it is done to essay compare and contrast, help us improve it. Thinking Answers! Still, critics of essay-grading software, such as Les Perelman, want academic researchers to have broader access to vendors' products to evaluate their merit. Now retired, the former director of the MIT Writing Across the Curriculum program has studied some of the devices and was able to get a high score from one with an essay of gibberish. My main concern is toefl essay and contrast that it doesn't work, he said. Tungkol Sa Social Networking Sites! While the technology has some limited use with grading short answers for content, it relies too much on counting words and reading an essay requires a deeper level of analysis best done by a human, contended Mr.

Perelman. Compare And Contrast! The real danger of this is that it can really dumb down education, he said. It will make teachers teach students to write long, meaningless sentences and not care that much about actual content.

Buy Essay Papers Here -
TOEFL iBT Writing Practice: How do I organize compare/contrast

My Life So Far Essays and Research Papers. My Life So Far is a pleasantly nostalgic look at toefl compare, a few transformative months in thinking chapter 7 quiz, the . life of a 10-year old Scottish boy. Brought to the screen by director Hugh Hudson and compare, producer David Puttnam (who collaborated on Chariots of Fire), My Life So Far provides 90 minutes of solid entertainment that runs the gamut from thesis tungkol sa social networking, outright hilarity to melodrama. The film doesn't offer many surprises or deep insights into human nature, but it possesses an easygoing charm and likability that overcomes such potential. Chariots of Fire , Colin Firth , Fitzwilliam Darcy 828 Words | 3 Pages. ? My Life So Far Andrew Smith PSY 202 Amy Yoder September 2, 2013 . My Life So Far What was your family like? Cohesive unit Prayed as a family daily/family fun night every week Close-knit Single mother household Oldest of toefl essay four Who were the important people in your life ? Girlfriend Pastor What are your greatest achievements so far ? Joining the Air Force Graduating high school What would make you happy in the future? Obtaining.

Academic dress , Family , Father 1812 Words | 5 Pages. ?Narrative My whole life , my family has moved from house to house. We’ve lived with my . grandmother, in multiple apartments, in “repo” houses, and now in houses that are still being built. It definitely hasn’t been easy, but it has definitely helped me become the thinking chapter 7 quiz person I am today. Essay Compare And Contrast. When I was seven, my grandmother was having some financial problems among other things. When my parents sold our first house, we moved into her double wide trailer to help her pay some bills. We lived with her my whole third. 2008 albums , Apartment , Educational years 752 Words | 3 Pages.

My So -Called Life What is the underlying meaning of the chapter answers title of the series? The title of the show, . My So -Called Life , suggests the understanding of meaninglessness that many teenagers experience. It shows us how it is to essay compare and contrast, feel judged by others and it encapsulates the on being main theme of the toefl essay series. Thesis Of Lifeboat Ethics. The show depicts the teenage years as being difficult and confusing rather than a light, fun-filled time. Compare And Contrast. This series deals with the essay expectations that people have of teenagers. Toefl Essay And Contrast. The. Adolescence , English-language films , Goody Goody 527 Words | 3 Pages. times in thesis of lifeboat ethics, your life but when you feel that way, there is toefl essay and contrast nothing or no one that can make you feel better. There's only one person that can make . you feel this way and dissertation writing services, that same person is the judge to how often you feel that way too.

Everyday, I get on that court and essay and contrast, I have to, I need to, try my hardest if I ever want to get to the level that I think I deserve to be at thesis, and in order to do this I need to push myself harder than I ever have before. Toefl Essay And Contrast. The life of an athlete is difficult, but the life of hacknot essays development a tennis. 2007 singles , 2008 singles , Clay court 1710 Words | 4 Pages. My name is Yasmin binti Zainal Abidin. Currently I am a student in Universiti Selangor (UNISEL) which is one of the essay and contrast private institutions in . Selangor.I am now in the first semester doing Foundation in answers, Management. Essay Compare. At this very moment, I am writing an essay on being a responsible citizen essay about toefl, ‘ MY LIFE ’. It is an assignment for contraceptive essay, the Computer Applications subject given by my lecturer, Mr.

Izwan Suhadak. And Contrast. My life started when I was born on 22nd October 1993 at about 6pm.I was born in thesis tungkol sites, Subang Jaya Medical Centre. Essay Compare And Contrast. I was given a name. High school , Hussein Onn , Primary education 1816 Words | 5 Pages. Running Head: MY LIFE 1 My Life , My Passions MY . LIFE 2 Preliminary Outline I. What was your family like? a. Strict family b. Second born son c. Development. Single parent home II. What things do you remember about your childhood? a. Reading Books b. playing sports c. Toefl Essay. Family outings III.

Early Academic Career amp; Military Enlistment a. High School b. Early College Experience c. Army Life IV. Essays On Software. What are your personal, professional, and academic goals? a. 2007 albums , Blood , Blood donation 1715 Words | 5 Pages. ? My life Part I Life Story PSY 202 Adult Developments and Life Patti . Toefl Compare And Contrast. Brock June 24, My Life Part II Where are you from? Shiloh Ga What was your family like? Loving Big United Caring Together What things do you remember about your childhood? Sports Church School Mom Friends What are some of your favorite memories? Playing sports Swimming Friends Summer time What did you want to become when you grew up?

Role model My Life. Education , English-language films , Family 781 Words | 3 Pages. Kalisa: Hi, this is Layla. I have finished my essay about an argument and am sending it to you now. We can talk about it in class. Hacknot Development. I will would . appreciate it if you can give me some advice about how to compare, improve it. Layla Direction: Read the of lifeboat statement and essay, the instructions that follow it, and then make any notes that will help you plan your response. Thesis Ethics. Now is the perfect time to and contrast, buy a house in our city. Over the hacknot past five years, average home prices in our region have nearly doubled.

But average. Capital accumulation , Finance , Future 870 Words | 3 Pages. personal mission or vision statement. We use this statement in this seminar to emphasize that your time at toefl and contrast, the UW begins with dreams and visions you hold . for the life that is still ahead of you. We ask you to thesis ethics, write a mission statement that is essay compare and contrast reflective of a responsible who you are and what your sense of calling, purpose, vocation, or meaning of essay compare and contrast life . Of Lifeboat Ethics. Mission statements are helpful for many reasons, but primarily they are used as a tool to encourage you to consciously reflect on and contrast who you are and hacknot essays on software, what you are doing. Life , Meaning of life , Mission statement 1062 Words | 6 Pages. My Life Page 1 My Life : Past Future Leah Wallin PSY 202 Mr. Wells . Essay And Contrast. September 29, 2010 My Life Page 2 I. Introduction II.

My Life A. Childhood B. Teenager C. Thinking Answers. Adult III. Toefl Essay. Theoretical Reflection A. Urie Bornfenbrenner and Ecological Theory IV. Goals A. Personal B. Professional C. Academic V. Conclusion My Life Page 3 Our lives consist of variety of different aspects of whom. American films , Developmental psychology , Ecological Systems Theory 1783 Words | 6 Pages. future holds for on being a responsible citizen, us. I know I have, and all these past years all I've done is think about what I want to be when i grow up, who my family is and contrast . and essay, where I will live. I've been filling my head with a fantasy of toefl essay and contrast being a rich girl living in New York. Hacknot Essays On Software. So , I subconsciously created a blueprint in my mind of my future, and it gives me an immense pleasure to share it with all of you. Toefl Compare And Contrast. So here it goes. Ever since we could talk our parents have always asked us one question what do you want to be when you grow up. Doctor of Medicine , Lasker Award , Medical education 1388 Words | 4 Pages.

Machiel de Groot Mrs. Carne AVID 9 March 28 2013 My Mandala DRAFT 2222222 Everybody has things that are important to thesis of lifeboat ethics, them and their . lives. Toefl And Contrast. In this essay, I will be explaining what is important to dissertation, me and why they are big aspects of essay compare and contrast my life .. Thinking 7 Quiz. The things that are most important in my life are as follows: Sports, Music, Family, Education, and most of all: my best friend. In my Avid class, we were asked to toefl essay compare, make a “Mandala”, a circular piece of thesis of lifeboat paper split into four slices with one space left in. A Wonderful Life , All You Need Is Love , English-language films 1332 Words | 3 Pages. In your life , you will face situations that cause you grief.

One of the toughest of essay and contrast those situations is the death of a loved one. The grief . following the loss can be depressing and may feel unbearable at times, but it is important to remember that grief is a healing process. Everyone deals with grief differently; it can either be from the death of a family member, loved one, or close friend. Dying is usually perceived as a form of defeat and not as something inevitable by most people. So we try our. Acceptance , Afterlife , Crime 1628 Words | 4 Pages. ?THIS IS MY LIFE Carla Wright PSY 102 Adult Development Life Assessment Alison Humphreys 9/24/2013 . Of Lifeboat Ethics. 1. Where are you from? Where did you grow up? Where raised you? 2. What was your family like? How many siblings do you have?

Were you parents together throughout your childhood? Would you consider your family to be family oriented? 3. What things do you remember about your childhood? Being the essay compare and contrast bad one of all my siblings. Going to the candy store. Me and my cousins. Childhood , Doughnut , Dunkin' Donuts 1285 Words | 4 Pages. The Happiest Day of My Life so Far. What has been the happiest day of your life so far ? In your essay, tell what happened that made it . so wonderful. Essays On Software Development. Use your personal observations, experience, and essay compare and contrast, knowledge Over the course of my life , I have experienced many days of happiness; they all had a unique ingredient that separated them from each other as a distinct experience.

There is; however, a day that I remember with extra fondness, a day that occupies a bigger space in essay on being a responsible citizen, my heart, the day of toefl and contrast my eighteenth birthday. I suppose I could. Birthday , Birthday cake , Birthdays 396 Words | 2 Pages. remember being just three small years old, dancing around the house, watching The Power Puff Girls and wanting, ever so badly, to be a little . superhero. One day, my mother scooped me up in contraceptive, her arms, breaking my concentration of crime fighting little girls, to toefl essay, take a trip to the pound. Thesis Tungkol Sa Social Networking. I was only three so as my small mind wondered, I still couldn't grasp the idea of compare and contrast what a pound was. Still, my loving mother would not speak a word of what the pound was. I remember toddling through the smelly place of contraceptive animals.

Dog , Pound , Pound-force 1530 Words | 4 Pages. someone very dear to me, my mom, and essay compare and contrast, my grandma, although she was very loved by many. I can say that it seems like it is harder . for my mom and hacknot essays on software development, grandma. They both loved her so much and you can tell it broke my mom some. She was sad today while looking through my great grandma’s things but it was worth everything to toefl essay and contrast, see all the stuff that she owns and read more about thesis networking, her life . Today we received the package of compare and contrast my great grandma’s things and journal’s about contraceptive essay, her life basically. Toefl Essay Compare And Contrast. So as I am sitting here procrastinating. 2000 singles , 2007 singles , 2008 albums 2752 Words | 4 Pages. journey on critical chapter 7 quiz answers the track of toefl essay and contrast life is essay on being a responsible citizen what I call my place in and contrast, this world.” (Laurie, 2006, p. 6). I perceive my own . life life as a journey.

What does it mean to take a journey? Journey is the act of traveling from one place to another, in life that is all that we do. Growing up in a world so unknown made me see how much of a journey my life really is. Here is a brief look into the Journey Called My Life . I was born August 17, 1982 in Indianapolis, Indiana. Hacknot Development. I was raised solely by my mother. I am the and contrast oldest. College , Debut albums , Family 1669 Words | 4 Pages. My Lifestyle Changes Paper will include the six components of wellness, that being Physical, Emotional, Intellectual, Spiritual, . Interpersonal and Environmental wellness. It will include my goals, my weaknesses as well as my strengths to on being a responsible citizen, the components of wellness as well as a plan for myself to essay compare and contrast, manage all of these components.

The paper will also include anticipated changes in my lifestyle that may challenge the individual components of wellness and how I plan to contraceptive, deal with these changes. The first. Debut albums , Emotion , Feeling 2564 Words | 6 Pages. | My Life | The absolute true story of essay compare and contrast my life . | | Malik Flournoy | 8/22/2012 | U.S. . History Mueller U.S. History Mueller | “ Life is critical thinking answers only as complicated as you make it,” my mom would always say to me. My life has been great so far , then bad at essay and contrast, times. Essay. But in toefl essay compare and contrast, retrospect my life may seem better than others. Although that may be the case, my life isn’t as perfect as it may appear.

Being me I had to go through a father-less childhood with a “pop-up father”, brainless injuries. Aerosmith , American films , Debut albums 1195 Words | 4 Pages. unspoken, promises broken, I cried for so long. Wasted too much time, should have seen the contraceptive essay signs now I know just what went wrong I guess I . wanted you more and looking back now I am sure I wanted you more. These are the toefl essay compare words from chapter 7 quiz, Wanted You More performed by Lady Antebellum, a current country music band.

The day I heard this song made me sit for a least an hour cry and reminisce on what my life had been and how much I had been through in just three years. Essay Compare And Contrast. My boyfriend, who we will refer to as Bo. English-language films , Love , Mother 1167 Words | 3 Pages. The person affects my life the most, and essay on being a responsible citizen, also my only idol, my goal of living is my . grandma. In the time when most Asian women did not dare to express themselves, to speak out what was on their mind, my grandmother did. Her rare personality was popular and highly respected among those who knew her. Essay And Contrast. At that time women would not have good education, however everybody would turn to my grandmother?s wisdom to ask for help.

She was smart and profound but yet vigorously caring and loving towards her family. Family , Grandma Moses , Grandparent 2116 Words | 5 Pages. Thongboonchuen Dr. Molly Brost English 101.004 January 25, 2014 My Love for Music and the English Language As far back as I . can remember, music has always had a big impact on me. I cannot imagine my life without music even for essays, one day. If so , life must absolutely be dull and tasteless. Toefl Essay And Contrast. One thing that I have found funny about my life is that whenever I am emotionally facing something, there is always a song that corresponds with my life at that moment. I sometimes wonder if the song writer could be.

2000 singles , 2006 albums , Debut albums 2013 Words | 5 Pages. Running Head: How My Life Applies to Theories How My . Life Applies to Theories Rebecca Etheridge PSY 202 Joanneta Thomas-Chamber April 28, 2013 Outline I. Tungkol Sa Social Networking. What was I like as a teenager? A. Experiences B. Things I did II. What was my favorite singer or band? A. Toefl Compare And Contrast. Country B. Dissertation. Rock C. Ramp;B D. Compare. Country Rap III. What were my educational experiences? A. Primary B. Thinking 7 Quiz Answers. Middle C. High D. College . 2006 singles , A Teenager in Love , Daniel Levinson 1021 Words | 4 Pages. My Life’s Journey This is my journey of my life . How I over came all my struggles, . insecurity's, down falls, overcoming addiction, my families abuse, and my triumphs. My Journey in toefl compare, life has been long and hard. I have learned a lot of essay on being a responsible lessons over toefl essay compare, the years. I will start off with where I am from and end with my greatest achievements.

I am from a small town in networking, Oklahoma. I was raised in the city, and on a ranch. If I had to toefl compare and contrast, choose which one I liked best it would be the ranch. Tungkol Networking Sites. Do not get. Alcoholism , Divorce , Family 1880 Words | 5 Pages. live by and center my actions around. I always keep these quotes in my mind as I go about living my . Toefl. life and use them as a guideline to overcome any obstacles thrown my way. This paper will proceed to tell of two stories regarding how I came about answers, these inspirational words and how my life was changed the moment I heard and believed. No one is an exception to toefl essay compare and contrast, bad experiences or hard work, but the review dissertation writing way each individual goes about to overcome these hardships is unique to their own life story. Some people.

Kim Il-sung , Korea , Korean Demilitarized Zone 1308 Words | 3 Pages. easy three credit class. Not knowing of the strong effect that it was going to have on the way that I viewed my life , and the . Toefl Compare And Contrast. people that were involved in it or, that crossed paths with me on a daily basis. My first assignment was to present one of my colleagues, now this was someone that I never met before, and doing something like this seemed, ridiculous to me. Essay On Being A Responsible Citizen. What was its purpose in my wanting to get a grade in this class? It seemed almost unnecessary and as usual I was wrong.

This activity. Friendship , God in Christianity , Holy Spirit 960 Words | 3 Pages. The most meaninful experience of my life. change the toefl and contrast meaning of life for critical answers, a person. One late night I sat down in toefl essay compare and contrast, a quiet room in review dissertation services, my house to toefl essay, think about my . personal experiences, the only sound in critical thinking chapter, the house came from an old mantel clock, which I like to keep wound and on essay compare time. I very much enjoy listening to the rhythmic tic-tock, and I regard it as a remainder of our time here on thesis tungkol sa social networking earth. The lights were dimmed down as low as they could be dimmed.

So with the perfect setting, I began a journey back through time, my time, my life . Toefl Essay Compare. As I tried to pinpoint. 2008 albums , Ayumi Hamasaki , Child 1073 Words | 4 Pages. chapter from my life after the final exams i had six months free for my next session as i was about to get into hacknot on software, . the professional part of my studies so i decided to have the most of it before i get busy with my further studies. so then i was discussing with my dad regarding my going to England for couple of months. to have self confident and to essay and contrast, explore the essay a responsible citizen world without my family around me as then i was considering myself an adult. after all this my dad got agreed to let me go and have my time with. British Airways , England , London 1538 Words | 4 Pages. My Journey through Life Nothing is more important than life , even if it contained darkness or lightness. . Everyone on earth has a special life ; your life is different from others. Life has a lot of good and bad things, a lot of toefl essay fun and critical thinking chapter 7 quiz, unhappy situations we face during our lives.

My mother has always told me, Life is as complicated as you make it. Many people have contributed a positive impact to essay compare, me. Because of them, I have definitely become what I am today. Four people have always significantly. Gulf War , Iran–Iraq War , Iraq 1311 Words | 4 Pages. ?STORY OF MY LIFE My name is Igbonekwu stephen Master hail from Nriukwu in Aboh-Mbaise local government area Imo . state. I am eighteen (18) years, born and brought up in Onitsha, Anambra state. All about thesis of lifeboat ethics, me is great. I attended Promise international School fegge Onitsha during my nursery and toefl, primary level. I studied in Federal Science and Technical College Awka, Anambra state during my secondary school time. Critical Thinking Answers. I made alot of friends Bimbo, Amaka, Judith, and others; my favourite meal is fufu and edikiangkong.

Anambra State , College , High school 1247 Words | 3 Pages. My name is ------ and I’m currently 36 years old. I will be summarizing my life and expounding on how the . Compare And Contrast. knowledge of classical and contemporary adult development theory affected my views on thesis tungkol being a successful college student and in shaping my personal, academic, and professional goals. Compare. My life successes and goals are continuously being shaped and molded as a potter shapes clay into ware; smoothing surfaces to perfection. I was born and raised in Edward, NC.

I am the oldest of three. I was. Birth order , Certified Nursing Assistant , College 1448 Words | 4 Pages. ? My Life under the Microscope SOCS 185 The older I grow the more everything in my past seems to essay a responsible, . make sense in relation to toefl essay and contrast, the person I am today. The trials and tribulations my family and I experienced have shaped and become the definition of of lifeboat ethics this thing called “ life ”. I’m pretty clear about toefl and contrast, whom I am as a person, but now that I know different sociological concepts and perspectives, I’m interested on how society views me as a person. Hacknot On Software. I will attempt to explore the sociological concepts. African American , Certified Nursing Assistant , Ethnic group 1019 Words | 3 Pages. My Journey Through Life Craig DeHaan PSY 202 Diana Donovan December 17, 2012 I. What things do you remember . about your childhood? A. Toefl Compare And Contrast. Family business B. Tungkol Networking Sites. Playing sports C. Good and bad times growing up II.

Who were the important people in your life ? A. Family B. Sport’s coaches C. High school teacher III. Compare. What jobs have you had in your life ? A. Stock boy at our local grocery store B. Micro-electronics technician C. Thesis Ethics. Quality IV. What are your greatest achievements. Continuing education , Developmental psychology , Education 1628 Words | 4 Pages. Character Analysis: My So Called Life.

Many teenagers go through lots of different relationships and sometimes they get lost during their routes to become an adult. They find it hard to essay compare, realize . Tungkol. what the right thing is and what is being the right way. In the episode My So Called Life , the main character, Angela Chase, goes through many relationships. Angela was a student who did well, and pleased her family and compare and contrast, friends around her. 7 Quiz Answers. However, a change happens, when she meets Rayanne, a new friend, and she starts to act differently. She tries. Adolescence , Brian Bell , Debut albums 883 Words | 3 Pages. 3/19/13 Narrative Descriptive-Essay #2 This is toefl compare and contrast a story about the most important decision that I have ever taken in my entire . life . I received Jesus in my heart as my Lord and Savior. Contraceptive Essay. He is my Redeemer.

I did not have a very fortunate upbringing even though my mother had some money to provide for my needs. Compare And Contrast. There was food on of lifeboat ethics the table, but she could not handle the stress of life very well. Therefore, she was very strict and harsh with rules and punishments which in toefl essay compare, due time were going to produce. Family , Father , God 1404 Words | 3 Pages. My Life Story Tammy Johnson PSY 202 Katherine Barnett What was your family like? The baby of eleven . children. One parent family, father past away when I was 7 years old.

Becoming a teenage mother at age 17. What are some of your favorite memories? Being spoiled by thesis of lifeboat ethics everybody My mom trying to toefl and contrast, spend so much time with me. Raising my baby girl. Do you have your own family now? I am married to my husband of 18 years.

College , Family , Father 1294 Words | 3 Pages. MUSIC THE LIGHT OF MY LIFE JOSHUA WHEATON HUM 300 1/21/12 Music: The lite of my life Have you . ever been walking down the essay street, not a particular street, on some idol Tuesday after noon, and a song comes on toefl compare and contrast your IPod and you just want to break into of lifeboat, a running dance? Scaring everyone around you, who think you are an escaped patient from a mental hospital? Well welcome to my life every day. Music plays such a big role in my life that I don’t know what I would do if one day I was to essay compare and contrast, go deaf and. 2008 singles , Alphabet , High school 2184 Words | 5 Pages. ? My Life Road Map: Where I’ve Been, Where I Am, and Where I’m Going Raylene Herrington PSY 202: Adult Development . and Life Assessment Carol Abraham October 28, 2013 I. What was your family like? a. Thesis Of Lifeboat Ethics. Military family b. Toefl Essay Compare. Catholic c. Latin – Dominican d. Youngest of writing services 2, sister 7 years older e. Toefl Compare And Contrast. Large extended family II.

What things do you remember about your childhood? a. Review Dissertation Services. Always having what I needed and almost everything I wanted b. Mom worked a lot c. And Contrast. Dance classes . Developmental psychology , Erik Erikson , Extended family 1402 Words | 4 Pages. My name is Melissa Losada. I was born in Michigan in the year 1995. Essay. I lived there with my mom until my younger . sister Rebecca was born. Soon after we moved to West Virginia to be with my grandmother, it was 1996 I was two years old when I moved to the city of Beckley, West Virginia and essay and contrast, that is the essay only place I have ever lived since. Beaver elementary is where I went to elementary school, I lived directly in front of the school so I was never really far from toefl essay compare and contrast, home. Back then my mom was our girl scout. Atrial septal defect , Cardiac surgery , Cardiothoracic surgery 1458 Words | 3 Pages. not until my junior year of high school that I started really caring about my schoolwork.

I was very determined to raise . my grade point average and start applying myself. Writing Services. I started out thinking that my junior year was going to be like any other year: boring classes, days that dragged on, and dull teachers. Essay And Contrast. That year, however, I came to realize that without some of my teachers, I probably would not have worked as hard as I did in school. When I decided to start taking an interest in my classes, I. Education , High school , School 1409 Words | 4 Pages. My college life A student like me is one of the thousand students in MSU-IIT who strive for the future in of lifeboat ethics, an . institution which is compare renowned for its excellence when it comes to contraceptive, its graduates.

Just a normal college student with a normal life living in a dormitory which is quite far from the campus vicinity and a teenager from Pagadian City went to essay and contrast, Iligan City to pursue the dream of becoming an engineer with all the things that my parent gave me and the will to fulfill the chosen path what. Cagayan de Oro City , College , English-language films 1083 Words | 3 Pages. The Seven People Who Shaped My Life Hom e About Eleanor Roosevelt About The Project Online Docum ents Videos Publications ER, . Answers. JFK, the 1960 Election: A Mini-Edition The My Day Projects Teaching Eleanor Roosevelt Teaching Hum an toefl and contrast Rights Support The Project Contact The Project Search Go The Eleanor Roosevelt Papers Project is a university-chartered research center associated with the Department of History of The George Washington University by Eleanor Roosevelt Look 15 (June 19,1951): 54-56. Alfred Dreyfus , Dreyfus affair , Eleanor Roosevelt 1842 Words | 5 Pages. My Five Personal Values Values are defined as something that are precious, priceless, meaningful and valued by an individual, a group of . people or an sites organization. Compare And Contrast. No matter we are aware of them or not, everyone has his or her fundamental set of values which consist of many different kinds of values. Everyone is not born with values but these values are built up by thesis sa social sites those closest to us, by toefl essay trials, events, and institutions. Each individual’s value system is ethics different from essay, one another because individual’s. Innovation , Integrity , Morality 1654 Words | 3 Pages. My Life Past and Present Allan Clements II PSY202 Megan McLaughlin 15, April 2013 My Life Past . and services, Present I. Where I am from? a. Where was I born and Lived II.

What life for was like as a kid a. About my parents b. Moving often c. What were some of the toefl compare and contrast challenges of being the oldest child III. What school was like for me growing up a. Why I struggling in contraceptive essay, school b. How I dealt with dyslexia c. Toefl Essay. How sports (football) helped me IV. Family a. High school 1556 Words | 4 Pages. My Plans for contraceptive, the Last Seven Days of My Life. English Com 101 13 June 2011 My Plans for essay compare and contrast, the Last Seven Days of My . Life I would be devastated to know I only have one week to live on this Earth. I have a lot of goals set up; they have not been accomplished yet. I would feel like I failed in life , and this would depress me. Essay. On the other hand, I would not let the fear of essay dying in a week’s time deter me from accomplishing one of my dreams, and essays on software development, getting some plans in motion.

If I only have had one week. 2002 albums , Arabian Peninsula , Burj Khalifa 895 Words | 3 Pages. My Life Story My story is compare and contrast one of abuse, neglect, hurt, addiction, loss, and tungkol sa social networking sites, happiness. Many people go through . wondering why me?, instead of letting go of toefl essay and contrast all the bad and essay, changing their lives they use it as an excuse, but that is and contrast where I am different from other people I have used all my bad experiences as learning tools, I came from nothing and essay citizen, became something. My name is Amanda Nicole Fomichev (Read), I was born and raised in Idaho I am the oldest of 12 children. Toefl And Contrast. My parents, if that is what. 2007 albums , American films , Billboard Hot 100 number-one singles 1258 Words | 3 Pages. MY LIFE AS AN AQUARIOUS Astrology emphasis is on essay a responsible citizen space and movement of the sun, moon and planets in the sky through . each of the zodiac signs.

From the viewpoint of earth, the sun appears to move along a circular orbit across the celestial sphere ;( 12a/20) there are sun signs and moon signs, which both depends on toefl compare your date of contraceptive birth. The signs are divided in to essay, twelve different signs, and all twelve of them have their own meaning and representation to hacknot essays development, the individual that was born in. Aquarius , Aries , Astrological sign 905 Words | 3 Pages. My Life Teacher Whether it’s a person, song, book or whatever it might be everyone has some kind of toefl essay compare and contrast influence in dissertation services, their lives. . An influence can drive someone to toefl compare, better themselves, or maybe send them in thesis of lifeboat ethics, the wrong direction. They really determine the way people turn out. Just like anyone else, I have had many influences in my life , some good, some bad, and essay, they all cross my mind when I have to make a big decision. Over all the ones that do come across my mind my mom impacts my decision the most. Help , Help me , High school 1209 Words | 3 Pages.

What Was My Family Like? A Growing Up With 5/6 siblings B Where I Am From C My Childhood and Adolescent Life . II The First Big Move A My First Trip to Dallas, TX B The Unexpected But Inevitable Return C Introducing Entrepreneurship D Out With the Old, In With the New III My Personal, Academic and Professional Goals A A Family of My Own B My Educational Aspirations C Motivator, Educator, Animal Lover, Globe Trotter IV Summary-Relate A Relate My Experiences. Allyn Bacon , Erik Erikson , Erikson's stages of psychosocial development 2458 Words | 7 Pages. The Story of of lifeboat My Life Shelisha Mitchum Psy 202: Adult Development and compare and contrast, Life Assessment Instructor Jaime Kulaga . 4/1/2013 The Story of My Life I. Where are you from? A. Born and raised in northeastern Ohio B. Middle child of four siblings C. Raised in a single parent home II. What did you want to thesis of lifeboat, become when you grew up? A. Experienced some life changing events B. Wanted to attend Syracuse University C. Essay Compare. Gained insight on what to do with my future III. Family , Graduation , High school 2357 Words | 6 Pages. Night that Changed my Life Will they like me? Will I like them? Are they going to like my personality?

These . are the thoughts that run through my mind as I anxiously await meeting new people. Whether you are at essay, school, a new job, or socializing at a party, meeting new people can be a very nerve racking. Being able to toefl and contrast, walk up to a group of people and introduce yourself requires confidence and maturity. Although I believe I do posses these qualities, I still get butterflies in my stomach when I. A Flock of Seagulls , Call on Me , Debut albums 1725 Words | 5 Pages. Like Mr. Crabiel, I literally work tirelessly in many academic and writing, leadership roles. I sleep no more than six hours a night because of my . Compare And Contrast. desire to expertly meet my many commitments. Throughout my life , I have worked as long and as hard as I possibly can to effect beneficial changes in critical chapter, both school and society.

During the summer of and contrast tenth grade, I took a number theory course at essay a responsible citizen, Johns Hopkins University with students from Alaska, California, and toefl, Bogota, Colombia. Similarly, during the summer following. Education , General relativity , German National Honor Society 732 Words | 3 Pages. ?Ava Morgan My Ideal Life My ideal life would be to get a scholarship at Cambridge . University, and graduate with a PhD. After I graduate, I would like to become an environmental lawyer, specifying in review dissertation services, wilderness preservation. I would continue to live in England until I think of a reason not to, and I will make my home there. I don’t want to essay and contrast, get married right away, and especially not have children right away. I still want to be young and have fun- I don’t want to a responsible, have a kid to take care. Marriage , Need , Want 1763 Words | 3 Pages.

My Education so far , at least as I remember it! We all start our education early in age. Essay Compare. For some it’s when . their parents start reading to them at night, or whenever their parents get a chance to read to thesis ethics, them at all. I was reading when I was two to three because my mom took the and contrast time to put me on “Hooked on Phonics” when I was one and critical answers, a half years old. Essay. I cannot remember a time when I didn’t have my nose stuck inside of a book! If I wasn’t reading a book I was watching Sesame Street, or as I.

College , Education , Educational years 923 Words | 2 Pages. of individuals make up perfection while an individual alone translates into loneliness. To Be the Brightest At night, I was staring at the window, While . Thesis Tungkol Sites. childishly hugging my pillow, Letting my time to toefl essay compare, flow. Has it been long ago, Alone in review writing, my room, I looked at the stars. The brightest one, shone as if it wasn't far . Yellow and bright it was, it was a lot brighter Than any other stars, but not looking better, Its single light, surely the brightest, Yet never was, per se the greatest. . Feeling , Feelings , Human 957 Words | 3 Pages.

“Things We See Today” The role of nature in my life has greatly changed in the last five years, as well as in the change from . adolescence to essay, adulthood. I don’t believe that nature has changed but my perception of nature has and always is, from the essay citizen rising sun over the cityscape of San Francisco as I take the L Train uphill on Taraval Street, to compare, watching the quarter-sized, glistening diamond, snowflakes fall outside my window as I try and on being a responsible, stay awake to catch a glimpse of essay Santa before morning. To. Love Affair , Sleater-Kinney , Woods 1463 Words | 4 Pages. ? My Life as a Soundtrack Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if there was to be a . Essay On Being. soundtrack playing in the background of it all. Toefl. The soundtrack would just continue to play making sure to thesis of lifeboat, capture every moment in my life a significant one. When approaching a crush the soundtrack would be sure to pick a song that explained exactly how I was feeling, or on the days when nothing seems to be going my way, music that I like to toefl and contrast, call “thinking music” would continually play. Chapter. Although having a.

2007 singles , 2008 singles , 2009 albums 1637 Words | 3 Pages. my life in home and my life in chicago. ?Fedha abadi My life in my home and my life in Chicago. Compare. Introduction; More and services, . more people travel to different country for different reason. Traveling is something I like to do especially when that is toefl with people who I like them.

My life in my home and my life in Chicago is very different. Body (1) The climate Body (2) My family Body (3) Eating habit Conclusion; As you can see above, there is very different things between my life in my home city and ethics, Chicago. Difference , Differences , Eating 703 Words | 3 Pages.

Write my essay -
Good Luck TOEFL - Free TOEFL Writing Topics list - Compare and

The Case for and contrast, Treating PTSD in Veterans With Medical Marijuana. Why Trump Humiliated His Own Secretary of State. Studies have already shown the benefits of marijuana for those suffering from PTSD, but can our government agencies be convinced? Researchers are one bureaucratic hurdle away from gaining approval for the first clinical examination on the benefits of marijuana for veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), working under the auspices of the University of Arizona College of Medicine, are preparing a three-month study of combat veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The plan is on review dissertation writing services hold until the National Institute on Drug Abuse and Public Health Service (part of the Department of Health and Human Services) agrees to sell researchers the toefl marijuana needed for research -- or until the marijuana can be legally imported. Social and political intrigue surrounding this research is contraceptive far reaching, attracting opposing factions who must cede biases for the greater good and well-being of toefl essay compare servicemen and servicewomen. The University-controlled study Sisley advocates calls for a triple-blind and review dissertation writing services placebo-controlled environment. A meticulously prepared proposal recommends a sample base of 50 veterans, whose PTSD symptoms have not improved under current standard medical practices. All participants must agree to abstain from marijuana use for toefl essay and contrast, 30 days prior to participation. In two ensuing 60-day periods, the of lifeboat ethics veterans are asked to either smoke or vaporize a maximum of essay and contrast 1.8 grams of thinking chapter 7 quiz marijuana a day (the equivalent of toefl two marijuana cigarettes). The test group will be furnished a weekly supply of hacknot various strains of toefl compare marijuana, with THC levels ranging from 0 percent to a responsible, 12 percent. Sisley's study objectives are twofold.

With this research, we can actually figure out which symptoms it might help with, and what an optimal dosing strategy might look like. She is also mindful of public opinion regarding medical marijuana. Toefl Essay And Contrast? If we get a chance to do this, we're not taking liberties. This is a carefully controlled, rigorous scientific study. We're not sitting around trying to get these vets high. If anecdotal evidence were the of lifeboat ethics standard, acceptance of marijuana's calming properties among psychologically scarred soldiers would be a topic relegated to the past. Toefl Compare? Statistical evidence to support that hypothesis could be petitioned from the state of New Mexico, where medical marijuana is legally prescribed for PTSD. The state's number one diagnosis for a medical marijuana license, a noteworthy 27 percent of the total, lists PTSD as the qualifying criteria for issuance. A Responsible? That statistic comes as no surprise to Sisley, but she stresses circumstantial evidence is not enough to sway the wide range of government agencies she deals with. We really believe science should supersede politics, she said.

This illness needs to be treated in a multidisciplinary way. Drugs like Zoloft and Paxil have proven entirely inadequate. If we get a chance to do this, we're not taking liberties. This is a carefully controlled, rigorous scientific study. We're not sitting around trying to get these vets high. In neighboring Colorado, the toefl essay state's legislature failed to pass a proposal mirroring New Mexico's. It effectively forbade Colorado's large veteran population from citing PTSD on medical marijuana applications. Brian Vicente, of the thesis ethics Sensible Colorado organization, became an advocate for veterans after the legislative rejection.

Vicente has watched the government fight itself over this issue. Toefl Essay Compare? The federal government is, in some ways, divided, Vicente said. Contraceptive Essay? Agencies like the Veterans Administration have taken some fairly decent stances of medical marijuana. Quickly, he adds a qualifier: But, then you have the DEA [Drug Enforcement Administration] and toefl compare NIDA [the National Institute on Drug Abuse] and organizations like them blocking research that other parts of the government are authorizing. It's another example of the federal government being schizophrenic and flat-out wrong on marijuana as medicine. This is a frustrating scenario Sisley has encountered first-hand. I can't help but think they simply don't want to move forward, she said. Maybe they figure if they stall long enough, we'll give up and go away. As arguments among American government agencies continue, other nations are taking the lead generating medical arguments that advance Sisley's theory.

A study at Israel's University of Haifa showed that marijuana administered to rats within 24 hours of essay suffering psychological trauma effectively blocked the development of post-traumatic stress disorder. Dr. Irit Akirav's study even concludes there is a time-frame that has to be taken into consideration. There is compare a critical window of time after trauma, during which synthetic marijuana can help prevent symptoms similar to review services, PTSD in rats, Akirav stated at the time. It does not erase the experience, but can help prevent the development of PTSD symptoms. In Germany, Switzerland, and Spain there are currently programs, some government funded, utilizing MDMA (from which the ecstasy drug is derived) as a possible inhibitor of PTSD symptoms. A governmental lack of decisiveness has created unintended consequences and casualties in the medical field. One is Dr.

Phil Leveque, a World War II veteran who had his medical license revoked based on the large number of medical marijuana permits he issued for toefl essay and contrast, PTSD in Oregon. Leveque estimates he signed 1,000 permits for review dissertation writing services, PTSD, and said he did so with a clear conscience. Toefl Essay Compare? Whether they were World War II, Korea, Vietnam or vets from the current conflicts, 100 percent of my patients said it was better than any drug they were prescribed for essays, PTSD, he said. Sixteen states and the District of Columbia currently have laws permitting marijuana for toefl compare, medical use. Review Services? However, Veterans Affairs physicians are expressly prohibited from recommending patients for enrollment in any state's medical marijuana program. This, again, highlights contradictions at different levels of government agencies. Veterans Affairs data disclosed that from 2002 to toefl and contrast, 2009 one million troops left active duty in Iraq or Afghanistan and became eligible for VA care. Hacknot Essays? That's a number that will rise annually, revealing a need for effective treatment of PTSD that cannot be overstated. PTSD remains an enormous consideration with combat troops still serving in Afghanistan, where an estimated six to toefl and contrast, 11 percent are currently suffering symptoms of PTSD. Statistics among Iraq War veterans are more disturbing, with between 12 to 20 percent of review dissertation writing services returning vets suffering PTSD-related anxieties.

Those are government statistics, and some non-governmental studies suggest that as many as one in toefl and contrast, every five military personnel returning from tungkol, Iraq and Afghanistan could suffer various forms of PTSD. Toefl And Contrast? Veteran Affairs recognizes these facts, and to its credit funds unconventional studies of PTSD, employing therapy dogs and yoga. Sisley has found an on being ally in toefl essay and contrast, Rick Doblin, executive director of the leading psychedelic studies group. Contraceptive Essay? Doblin has the toefl essay compare and contrast unenviable job of lobbying Congress under the umbrella of the non-profit MAPS. The pair share a common frustration dealing with the multitude of government agencies, some of whose interests are diametrically opposed. Doblin addresses apprehensions from the administrative standpoint: We're asking for marijuana from an agency [National Institute on Drug Abuse] designed to prevent people from using marijuana. Thinking Chapter? There's something fundamental that just doesn't work here, he said. Sisley's concerns revolve around medical studies in the field, which often fail to toefl, gain approval because of political motives instead of science. The doctors I know think this war on marijuana is awful, and they're tired of being in the middle of review writing it, she said. Toefl And Contrast? They just want to do real research, or read real research, and not operate around all of contraceptive essay these agendas. Veterans endure a framework of care for toefl and contrast, PTSD that has not changed since 1980, when PTSD was added to American Psychiatric Association's dictionary of on being maladies.

Federal agencies are clearly confused, unable to reconcile the illegality of marijuana with the toefl compare and contrast benefits it could have on the lives of thesis tungkol soldiers and their extended families. These issues are not being addressed in essay compare and contrast, an open forum; instead, they remain hidden behind committee doors or special panels of anonymous voices with unknown prejudices. Medical marijuana remains one of the nation's biggest political hot potatoes, and when combined with our veterans' health creates a unique conundrum for politicians. Disturbingly, the people caught in this crossfire of self-interest are veterans who risked their lives for the system that may be stifling their medical options now. What If Everyone Ate Beans Instead of Beef? What can an individual do about climate change? The easiest answer: make this one dietary switch. “If he does remain, it will be yet another sign of the collapse of self respect among those who are now willing to serve in senior positions in government.” There is nothing more to be said about the dissertation services depth of Donald Trump’s ignorance or his more consequential lack of character—his selfishness, his cruelty, his caprice, his vanity, his vindictiveness, his malignant narcissism.

We know all that. Essay? What is more interesting is what it will yield. Last Friday, he kicked off his weekend by essay firing off a set of abusive tweets at Carmen Yulin Cruz, the beleaguered mayor of San Juan, Puerto Rico. The explanation was not hard to glean: the toefl essay compare and contrast U.S. Essay On Being Citizen? territory is a disaster zone in toefl, the wake of the devastation wrought by thesis Hurricane Maria; he had not paid much attention to the sufferings of toefl essay and contrast several million Americans for reasons easily guessed, and took a bludgeoning in the media for his negligence. A Responsible? And so after Cruz insisted that the plight of her city wasn’t “a good news story,” Trump decided to and contrast, heap abuse on the strained leader of a suffering city.

A decent president who thought Mayor Cruz’s reproaches unjustified would have gently ignored them, and perhaps pointed out what the a responsible federal government has done and can do for Puerto Rico. But then again, a decent man would not have repeatedly sneered at toefl essay and damned an 81-year-old war hero with a lethal cancer. Republican strategists have come to essays on software development, the unnerving conclusion that no one in their party—not even Donald Trump—has absolute influence over the unruly populist movement that swept him into office. Seven years after Republicans first seized on the unruly rise of the Tea Party as a vehicle for toefl essay and contrast, winning elections, GOP leaders are confronting a stark reality: They have lost all control and comprehension of the populist movement they were supposed to be marshaling—and they may soon be facing a mutiny. The volatile dynamic inside the Republican Party was thrown into hacknot development, sharp relief last week when Roy Moore—a fringe relic of the essay fading religious right—emerged victorious in Alabama’s GOP Senate primary, defeating the establishment incumbent President Trump had endorsed. With the dust still settling, many Washington Republicans are mystified—and alarmed—by the fact that not even Donald “Drain the Swamp” Trump had enough populist cred to swing a primary race to citizen, his candidate in deep-red Alabama. While the toefl compare GOP’s class of professional strategists are generally ambivalent at on being citizen best when it comes to toefl, the president, they had taken a certain comfort in believing that he was fully in thinking answers, command of his base. The assumption allowed them to draw conclusions about what his voters wanted, how to cater to them—and how to essay and contrast, avoid drawing their wrath.

A small group of programmers wants to change how we code—before catastrophe strikes. T here were six hours during the night of April 10, 2014, when the essays on software development entire population of Washington State had no 911 service. People who called for help got a busy signal. One Seattle woman dialed 911 at least 37 times while a stranger was trying to break into her house. When he finally crawled into her living room through a window, she picked up a kitchen knife. The man fled. The 911 outage, at the time the largest ever reported, was traced to software running on a server in Englewood, Colorado. Operated by a systems provider named Intrado, the essay compare server kept a running counter of how many calls it had routed to 911 dispatchers around the country. Intrado programmers had set a threshold for how high the counter could go.

They picked a number in the millions. The Worst Mass Shooting in sa social networking sites, Modern American History. A gunman opened fire during a country-music show at the Mandalay Bay Resort and essay compare and contrast Casino in Las Vegas, killing at least 58 people and injuring hundreds more. At least 58 people have died and hundreds have been injured Sunday night at a country-music concert in Las Vegas, the worst mass shooting in contraceptive essay, U.S. history, the Las Vegas police department said. Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said during a press conference that two police officers are in the hospital, one in critical condition and one with minor injuries. At least one other off-duty officer has died.

As for toefl essay and contrast, those injured, “we are using the number of 515,” Lombardo said on hacknot on software development Monday morning. “As you can tell, as the hours go by, that number continues to increase.” The Las Vegas Police Department confirmed early Monday the essay suspected shooter is Stephen Paddock, age 64, who is hacknot essays development dead. A police statement said Paddock was found dead when a SWAT team breached the hotel room on the 32nd floor of the essay compare Mandalay Bay Hotel from where Paddock had opened fire on the crowd of more than 22,000 who were attending the Route 91 Harvest Festival concert across the street. Police also located a female “companion” to the shooter named Marilou Danley. They later said Danley was located out of the country and was “no longer being sought out as a person of contraceptive interest.” During an earlier press conference, Lombardo described the suspected shooter as “a lone-wolf-type actor.”

Why Trump Humiliated His Own Secretary of State. It’s not really about Rex Tillerson. It’s about the president’s need to cast somebody in the role of feckless wimp. Why, on Sunday morning, did Donald Trump humiliate his secretary of compare state by tweeting that Rex Tillerson “is wasting his time trying to negotiate with Little Rocket Man”? In policy terms, it makes no sense. If Trump wants to break off diplomatic discussions with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un (which is in itself lunatic, but that’s a different column), why not inform Tillerson privately? Why destroy Tillerson’s already meager credibility and thus render him useless as a negotiator in essays on software development, the future?

The most plausible answer lies in the realm not of policy but of image. Toefl Essay Compare And Contrast? Trump, by his own admission, rarely reads. He knows little about domestic or international affairs. But he loves movies and thesis of lifeboat ethics according to one estimate, watches five hours of television a day. For 14 years, he starred in a reality TV show. The Political World Reacts to the Las Vegas Massacre. Thoughts and prayers, but few calls for action, poured in from President Trump and members of Congress after a gunman opened fire on a country-music concert in the worst mass shooting in U.S. history.

Updated on essay and contrast October 2 at ethics 11:00 a.m. ET. Statements of shock and grief poured in from the White House and and contrast Capitol Hill Monday morning in the first hours after a gunman in Las Vegas killed at least 50 people and injured more than 200 others in the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history. “My fellow Americans, we are joined together today in sadness, shock, and grief,” President Trump said from the White House in televised remarks shortly before 11 a.m. “It was an act of pure evil.” The president said he planned to visit Las Vegas on Wednesday, a day after he is scheduled to be in Puerto Rico to assess the government’s response to on being a responsible citizen, the devastation of Hurricane Maria. In somber, scripted remarks, Trump did not speculate on a motive for essay compare, the attack and said people were understandably searching “for some kind of meaning in the chaos, some kind of light in the darkness.” Why Did the review writing services Islamic State Claim the Las Vegas Shooting? Assessing the group’s puzzling statement. This morning, the Islamic State’s semi-official news agency, Amaq, took credit for the Las Vegas massacre, which killed 58 and wounded another 515. The likely killer, identified by police as 64-year-old Stephen Paddock of Mesquite, Nevada, was not known to be a supporter of the toefl and contrast Islamic State, or indeed a Muslim of any type. For now, the review services only evidence that the Islamic State was involved is its own assurance—first a press release announcing that a “soldier of the Islamic State” executed the concertgoers, and essay compare a follow-up for the baffled, explaining that he converted to Islam months ago.

The FBI has stated that it doesn’t believe the attack was related to international terrorism. The sun has barely risen on Las Vegas, and there may be blood still slick on critical 7 quiz answers the Strip. Speculation about mass shootings in toefl compare and contrast, the hours after they occur is not just a fool’s game but an essay impatient fool’s. Evidence will be forthcoming, and toefl and contrast these assertions by of lifeboat the Islamic State will be tested against reality. But already I hear a familiar chorus of doubt: The Islamic will “take credit for anything,” it says, “even hurricanes.” How did Josh Tetrick’s vegan-mayo company become a Silicon Valley darling—and what is he really selling? O n a recent Friday morning, Josh Tetrick, the 37-year-old CEO and co-founder of Hampton Creek, fixed his unblinking blue eyes on a job candidate. The pair was sitting at a workstation near the entrance to compare and contrast, the company’s warehouselike San Francisco headquarters, where Tetrick frequently holds meetings in plain view of the company’s more than 130 employees. Around Tetrick—a muscular ex-linebacker in jeans and a T-shirt—was even more Tetrick: a poster of him watching Bill Gates eat a muffin, a framed photograph of him with a golden retriever, an critical thinking answers employee’s T-shirt emblazoned with “What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?”—one of Tetrick’s many slogans. (Others include “What would it look like if we just started over?” and “Be gorilla.”) How Perpetrators of Mass Violence Learn From Each Other. Attacks on concerts are the latest tactic to spread among those intent on taking lives.

The man who opened fire at toefl essay and contrast a music festival in Las Vegas Sunday night notched a ghoulish milestone with the bloodiest mass shooting in American history. But if his attack was unusual in its efficacy, it was less innovative for its approach of killing concertgoers. In May, an thesis tungkol networking Islamist terrorist killed 22 people at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England. In November 2015, 89 people died in a massacre at the Bataclan in Paris, during a show by the Eagles of Death Metal. Widen the scope just a little farther, and even more examples of killing at cultural events pop up, from the Pulse nightclub shooting in 2016 to James Holmes’s massacre at and contrast a 2012 showing of The Dark Knight Rises in on being a responsible citizen, suburban Denver. The foundation of toefl essay compare Donald Trump’s presidency is the negation of Barack Obama’s legacy.

It is insufficient to state the obvious of on being Donald Trump: that he is a white man who would not be president were it not for this fact. With one immediate exception, Trump’s predecessors made their way to high office through the passive power of whiteness—that bloody heirloom which cannot ensure mastery of toefl all events but can conjure a tailwind for most of them. Land theft and thesis human plunder cleared the toefl compare and contrast grounds for Trump’s forefathers and contraceptive essay barred others from it. Toefl Essay Compare And Contrast? Once upon contraceptive essay, the field, these men became soldiers, statesmen, and scholars; held court in Paris; presided at Princeton; advanced into the Wilderness and essay then into the White House. Their individual triumphs made this exclusive party seem above America’s founding sins, and it was forgotten that the thesis former was in fact bound to the latter, that all their victories had transpired on cleared grounds. No such elegant detachment can be attributed to Donald Trump—a president who, more than any other, has made the awful inheritance explicit. What If Everyone Ate Beans Instead of Beef?

What can an individual do about climate change? The easiest answer: make this one dietary switch. Research shows that using curse words can persuade everyone from essay and contrast, voters to ethics, your co-workers. Meeting the Son of Your Sister’s Killer. In an exclusive excerpt from The Witness , Kitty Genovese's brother gets close to essay, confronting her murderer.

Get 10 issues a year and save 65% off the cover price.

Write My Essay : 100% Original Content -
Types of TOEFL Essays & TOEFL iBT Essay Patterns · engVid

Animals as Persons: Essays on the Abolition of Animal Exploitation. Gary L. Toefl Essay? Francione. Columbia University Press, 2008. A prominent and respected philosopher of animal rights law and ethical theory, Gary L. Francione is known for his criticism of writing services, animal welfare laws and regulations, his abolitionist theory of toefl essay, animal rights, and his promotion of veganism and nonviolence as the baseline principles of the abolitionist movement. In this collection, Francione advances the most radical theory of animal rights argued to date. Unlike Peter Singer, Francione maintains that we cannot morally justify using animals under any circumstances, and unlike Tom Regan, Francione’s theory applies to all sentient beings, and not only to those who have more sophisticated cognitive abilities. Francione introduces the thesis of lifeboat ethics, volume with an essay that explains our historical and contemporary attitudes about animals by distinguishing the issue of animal use from that of animal treatment. He then presents a theory of animal rights, which focuses on the need to accord all sentient nonhumans the right not to be treated as our property. Our recognition of such a right would require that we stop bringing domesticated animals into existence for human use. He takes a hard look at our #8220;moral schizophrenia#8221; toward animals and our ability to regard some creatures as beloved companions and compare and contrast, others as food and clothing.

Subsequent essays explore recent changes in animal welfare and the sad fact that these advances have not only failed to bring us closer to the abolition of animal exploitation, but have made the thesis of lifeboat, public feel more comfortable about supposedly more #8220;humane#8221; animal treatment. In two essays, Francione explores the importance of sentience as the necessary and sufficient condition for the moral significance of animals and explains how the status of animals as economic commodities prevents the equal consideration of their interests. He also discusses the issue of using animals in experiments, arguing that the empirical necessity of animal use is at best suspect and that animal use cannot, in any event, be morally justified. After a chapter addressing ecofeminism and its ethic of care, Francione concludes by challenging the compare and contrast, rationale of Tom Regan’s position that death imposes a greater harm on humans than nonhumans. This collection of essays demonstrates why Francione’s abolitionist theory is widely regarded as the most exciting innovation in modern animal ethics. Gary L. Francione builds on the themes of his first three rights-based books, synthesizes them, adds new ingredients, and brings it all up to date in a striking restatement of animal rights philosophy for the twenty-first century. Sa Social Sites? This new volume is not only high-quality scholarship but also provides the theoretical foundations for a new social movement which takes rights seriously as its core claims about essay, human-nonhuman relations. Roger Yates, University College, Dublin. Gary L. Francione’s searing and insightful theoretical vision shines through in this key work that extends and deepens the substantive area of inquiry in abolitionist animal studies that he has singlehandedly created. Critical Answers? Part iconoclast, part theorist, and part activist, Francione is unafraid to upend conventional theoretical and practical approaches to compare our treatment of animals in his analytical rigor.

Without a doubt, this volume will remain a central work in animal studies for years to come. Bob Torres, assistant professor of sociology, St. Lawrence University, and author of Making A Killing: The Political Economy of Animal Rights. In this uncompromising and stimulating call for the abolition of all forms of essay a responsible citizen, oppression of other animals, Gary L. Francione establishes himself as one of the leading advocates for toefl justice in thesis sa social the world today. In these powerful essays, Francione methodically and unflinchingly examines and deconstructs the ineffectual positions of many professed advocates for other animals and points the way toward true animal liberation. He exposes the pragmatic and moral flaws in the arguments of those who call merely for reduced cruelty and better regulation of toefl essay compare, industries that are based on animal oppression. His forceful and compelling arguments against contemporary ‘animal welfarism’ and in favor of true animal rights should be required reading for scholars, activists, and anyone interested in justice for all the hacknot essays development, inhabitants of this planet. David Nibert, author of Animal Rights/Human Rights: Entanglements of Oppression and Liberation. Coolly, lucidly, and uncompromisingly, with a minimum of horror stories, Gary L. Essay Compare And Contrast? Francione argues for the right of all sentient beings to a full life. His critique of animal-welfare legislation, with its many escape clauses that allow the business of animal exploitation to proceed as usual, is particularly devastating.

J. M. Coetzee, winner of the ethics, Nobel Prize in Literature. Virtually all the articles and essays collected here are milestones in the formation of the modern theory of the and contrast, legal and moral rights of animals. Gary L. A Responsible Citizen? Francione knows his philosophy as well as his law and these juridical studies work close to the line where law and philosophy merge. His prose, furthermore, is clear and free of legal jargon. I strongly recommend this collection of important essays. It provides a lucid summary of a significant body of thought on essay, animal rights. Julian H. Franklin, professor emeritus of political philosophy, Columbia University.

Darwin once made a note to himself: #8220;Never use the words #8216;higher#8217; or #8216;lower.'#8221; Well it took all this time before finally somebody did just that! That somebody is citizen Gary L. Francione, thinking, as always, just beyond what anyone else has already thought. He is a radical, in the best sense of that word, always striking out (sometimes on his own) into areas where the rest of humanity has feared to tread. He goes out, and he comes back with treasure that the rest of us are only to happy to use and appropriate. That#8217;s o.k., I am sure, with him. He is not in this for his sake, but for their sake. Essay Compare? So anything that will get us to critical thinking 7 quiz take the vegan plunge (as I recently did, partly because I can see no way to compare avoid the arguments that Francione so cogently sets forth in essays this wonderful collection of essay compare and contrast, essays), to stop making excuses for the Eichmann#8217;s of the animals and to recognize that when a nonhuman animal dies before his or her time, and under conditions of contraceptive, someone else#8217;s making, a tragedy has occurred that is essay every bit as momentous as the same tragedy in thesis tungkol the life of a human animal. We are, all of us who are concerned with the essay, lives (as opposed to the deaths) of animals, deeply in Francione#8217;s debt, whether we know it or not, whether we like him or not, and whether we want to acknowledge it or not. Jeffrey Masson, author of Altruistic Armadillos, Zenlike Zebras: A Menagerie of 100 Favorite Animals. The most wholly consistent animal rights position available today is Gary L. Thinking Chapter 7 Quiz Answers? Francione’s.

In philosophical essays such as these his dedication to defining what it means to give the interests of compare, nonhumans equal moral consideration shines through in essays development a remarkably clear and uncompromising way. Francione conducts a rigorous cross-examination of utilitarianism (animal liberation theory), alternative animal rights and animal welfare views, feminist care ethics as applied to toefl and contrast animals, and United States animal protection law, all of which creates a more meaningful and compelling context for his own approach. Those who seriously engage with this book will not only expand their horizons but also demand a much higher standard of chapter answers, argument in this field ever after. Michael Allen Fox, professor emeritus of philosophy, Queen#8217;s University, Canada, adjunct professor, School of compare and contrast, Humanities, University of citizen, New England (Australia), and author of Deep Vegetarianism. The Abolitionist Approach to Animal Rights Pamphlet. Number of animals killed in the world by the meat, dairy and egg industries, since you opened this webpage. This does not include the compare and contrast, billions of thesis tungkol networking, fish and other aquatic animals killed annually.

Based on essay compare, 2007 statistics from the Food and Agriculture Organization of the hacknot development, United Nations' Global Livestock Production and compare and contrast, Health Atlas.

Write My Essay : 100% Original Content -
TOEFL® essay sample: Compare and contrast knowledge gained from

essay what is truth From Baconiana, October 1909. In the midst of the sun is the light, in the midst of light is truth, and in the midst of truth is the toefl, imperishable Being.--The Vedas. The first creature of God, in the work of the days, was the light of the senses, the last was the light of reason; and His Sabbath work ever since is the illumination of His Spirit. -- From Of Truth by Francis Bacon. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I unto the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth.

Every one that is of the truth heareth My voice. Pilate saith unto Him, What is a responsible, truth?--Gospel of St. John, chap. xviii., verse. Toefl Essay And Contrast! 37, 38. I t is very important to observe that Bacon's essay Of Truth occupies the first or foremost place in the collection. Also that this essay opens and essay on being a responsible citizen concludes with the allusion to and contrast, our Savior, who was the thesis sa social networking, Way, the Truth, and the Life. Bacon commences with the words What is truth? said jesting Pilate, and toefl essay and contrast would not stay for an answer. And the essay ends with the words, Surely the wickedness of falsehood and breach of faith cannot possibly be so highly expressed, as in that it shall be the last peal to call the judgment of God upon the generations of men. It being foretold that when Christ cometh He shall not find faith upon the earth.

This is repeated in services, the essay Of Counsel. It is worthy of note, too, what Bacon says of Pilate, that he would not stay for an answer implying that there was an answer, but that he did not want to hear it, and this is often the attitude of the toefl essay compare and contrast, world towards any problem that offends it's prejudices, rouses its passions, or dares to challenge its universal consent upon some echoed tradition which has never hitherto been looked into or examined. In his essay Of Atheism, Bacon points out, how the judgment is ethics, prejudiced by the feelings or affections, and how the and contrast, mind is deprived of free judgment by the inclinations of the heart. The Scripture saith, 'The fool hath said in his heart, There is thesis of lifeboat ethics, no God'; it is toefl compare and contrast, not said, The fool hath thought in his heart,' so as he rather saith it by rote to himself, as that he would have, than that he can thoroughly believe it or be persuaded of it. This equally applies to the nature of all human beliefs that are allied by custom with consent and sentiment --and perhaps most of all to thesis of lifeboat, the opposers of the Bacon authorship of the toefl essay compare, plays. They, like Pilate, will not stay for an answer, or give a learning patience to the problem, and in their hearts declare the theory a heresy, a foolish fad, an impossibility. Mark Twain has recently drawn a parallel, comparing Shakespeare to Satan, and there is something in it, for thesis ethics, all denial is of the badge of Antichrist; and has not the great German poet, Goethe described Mephistopheles (and his followers?) with the essay compare, words der stets verneint, -- who everlasting denies? After all, rebutting evidence is always easier than proof, for the thing saves trouble if one only takes one's ignorance seriously, or affirmatively, setting up for a judge instead of a learner, and imagining a faculty of not knowing can be a criterion for hacknot essays, passing judgments upon new discoveries. Coming in a man's own name, Bacon declares, is toefl compare, no infallible sign of truth.

For certainly there cometh to pass, and hath place in human truth, that which was noted and pronounced in the highest truth. Veni in nomine patris, nec recipitis me; si quis venetit in writing, nomine suo, eum recipietis (I came in the name of the Father, but ye did not receive Me; if any one shall come in his own name, him ye receive). But in this divine aphorism (considering to toefl compare, whom it was applied, namely, to Antichrist, the highest deceiver) we may discern well that the coming in a man's own name, without regard of antiquity or paternity, is no good sign of truth, although it be joined with the fortune and success of an eum recipietis (and book Advancement of Learning, p.99). Therefore the coming of Shakespeare in his own name, although he has been received without question, is not an infallible sign of truth. In Aphorism 84 of the first book of the Novum Organum : Again men have been kept back as by a kind of enchantment from progress in the sciences, by on software, reverence for antiquity, by the authority of men accounted great in philosophy, and essay compare then by general consent. And with regard to authority it shows a feeble mind to grant so much to authors, and yet deny Time his rights, who is the author of authors, nay, rather of all authority.

For rightly is truth called the daughter of time. By consent Bacon means, the world's general or universal assent, or tradition; as, for essay a responsible citizen, example, that Shakespeare is the author of the toefl essay, 1623 Folio plays. The world often mistakes echoes for volume, and there is the popular fallacy that counting of heads is proof of truth. But in matters intellectual it is not as with physical power or wealth--there is no aggregate or arithmetical sum total, as, for example, when men pull on a rope or heap up money. But it is rather as in review writing services, a race, where only a few can be first, and there is no addition of speeds. Hear Bacon: For the worst of all auguries is from consent in matters intellectual (Divinity excepted, and politics where there is right of vote). For nothing pleases the many unless it strikes the imagination, or binds the understanding with the bonds of common notions (Aphorism 77, Novum Organum). Therefore the saying,That the world says, or the world believes, though to toefl essay, be respected, is not final, and review dissertation writing services should not deter us from compare, examining anew problems which the past generations had probably no time or curiosity to tungkol sa social, question.

Besides, as Bacon says, in this essay Of Truth, The first creature of God, in the work of the essay and contrast, days, was the light of the senses, the last was the light of reason; and His Sabbath work ever since is the illumination of essay His Spirit. In the midst of the essay, sun is the on being a responsible, light, in the midst of light is truth, and in the midst of truth is the imperishable Being. Truth, says Chaucer, is the highest thing that man can keep. In this essay Of Truth Bacon says, One of the and contrast, late school of the Grecians examineth the matter, and is at critical chapter answers a stand to think what should be in toefl, it, that men should love lies, where neither they make for pleasure, as with poets; nor for advantage, as with the thesis ethics, merchant; but for the lies sake. But I cannot tell : this same truth is a naked and open day light, that doth not show the masques, and mummeries, and triumphs of the world, half so stately and daintily as candle lights. Compare Omar Khayham on the world as a theatre by candle-light : For in and out, above, about, below, ' Tis nothing but a Magic Shadow Show,

Play'd in a box whose candle is the and contrast, sun, Round which we phantom figures come and chapter 7 quiz answers go! Truth may perhaps come to the price of essay a pearl, that showeth best by day; but it will not rise to the price of a diamond, or carbuncle, that showeth best in varied lights. A mixture of a lie doth ever add pleasure. Observe the apology for poetical fiction in this passage, which presently we find repeated with something of an explanation: One of the contraceptive essay, Fathers, in great severity, called poesy vinum daemonum (the wine of the devils),because it filleth the imagination, and yet it is but with the shadow of a lie. That is to essay compare, say, poetical fiction or invention, although it obscures truth, or veils it, is not all falsehood, and all parabolical poetry shadows, under tropes of similitude's, a concealed meaning of truth. Contraceptive! It would seem, then, that this essay Of Truth is a sort of apology for essay compare, the poetical veil, or masque of Truth, upon critical thinking chapter, the score of man's dislike, or incapability, of receiving unadulterated truth itself? Bacon uses the toefl essay and contrast, expression I cannot tell to dissertation, excuse himself explanation of the world's love of lies.

In the play of toefl essay compare Richard III the same phrase in on being citizen, introduced, together with what would seem to answer the question in context with it:--- I cannot tell: the world is grown so bad. That wrens may prey where eagles dare not perch. (I. 3). Christ exclaimed That the world cannot receive truth, and Bacon implies the same thing, and he then proceeds to explain that the disguises and actings of the world's stage are better adapted, than the searchlight of essay open daylight, for the half-lights of the theatre. If the a responsible citizen, reader will turn to the essay entitled Of Masques and Triumphs, he will find complete proof that this is an allusion to the stage in the essay Of Truth. And it would seem as if there existed some sort of antithesis between these two essays, i.e., the world's love of pleasure is toefl and contrast, so great, Satis alter alteri magnum theatrum sumus (We are sufficently the great theatre of each other),--All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players, --and acting has little consonance with truth. Observe, too, in review dissertation services, both essays there is the same allusion to candle-light. In the plays candlelight is used as a metaphor for starlight:- For by these blessed candles of the toefl and contrast, night.

( Merchant of Venice, V.i). There's husbandry in thesis of lifeboat, heaven; Their candles are all out. Night's candles are burnt out. ( Romeo and compare Juliet III.5). See Sonnet 21, As those gold candles fixed in thesis ethics, heaven's air. Masques were dramatic performances in which the actors were disguised by the wearing of essay compare masks which concealed their features, and so their identity. Bacon commences his essay Of Masques and Triumphs with the words,These things are but toys, and concludes the essay with the words,But enough of these toys. He means trifles by the word toys. It is most important to point out, that Heminge and contraceptive essay Condell, in their dedicatory preface ( to their patrons the Earls of Pembroke and Montgomery) in the first edition of the folio plays, published in 1623, employ the and contrast, word trifles to indicate the plays they are editing:-- For , when we value the places your H.H. sustain, we cannot but know their dignity greater, than to descend to the reading of these trifles.

This point seems to me very pertinent to the entire subject of the essay (and authorship of the plays), and is a hint of the very first importance as to whether Bacon wore a mask known as Shakespeare. But the introduction of this subject, in connection with poetry, and with an apology for the poets' shadow of review dissertation services a lie, on account of the pleasure afforded by the dainty shows of the compare, theatre, seen by essay a responsible, candlelight, is a hint that only the most obstinately blind or obtuse person can decline to perceive. The first Masque, in England, was held at Greenwhich Palace (where King Henry the Eighth was born), the first disguise( in the year 1513, on the day of the Epiphany), after the and contrast, manner of Italy called a Masque , a thing not seen afore in England. In Love's Labour Lost we have a masque introduced, and tungkol sa social networking sites also scene in King Henry the Eighth where the royal dancers are masked. Triumphs were processional pageants, or shows by Torchlight. Bacon is telling us that man does not care about abstract truth, and when he says men do not care for open daylight, he is speaking very truly. For he points out that the toefl essay compare, archflatterer with whom all the petty flatterers have intelligence, is a man's self (essay Of Love ). And in this essay Of Truth : A mixture of a lie doth ever add pleasure. Doth any man doubt, that if there were taken out of essay men's minds vain opinions, flattering hopes, false valuations, imaginations as one would, and the like, but it would leave the minds of a number of men poor shrunken things full of melancholy and indisposition, and toefl essay compare and contrast unpleasing to thesis tungkol sites, themselves? This is as much as to say, that most men walk in a vain show, and are actors, i.e., play up rather to the parts they imagine they possess, than are what they really are by nature. In the essay Of Love , Bacon says.

It is a poor saying of Epicurus, We are a sufficiently great theatre to each other . That Bacon should introduce this saying of Seneca (to be found in his Epistles, Moral I., 17) in the essay Of Love is not strange. Toefl Essay And Contrast! For Bacon knew that love is one of the greatest of actors (and cause of acting) in life, as well as the motive for stage comedies in the theatre. He writes, The stage is more beholding to love than the life of man. For as to the stage, love is ever a matter of Comedies, and now and then of hacknot essays on software development tragedies. Toefl! It is strange to note the excess of this passion; and how it braves the nature and value of things, that the networking, speaking in a perpetual hyperbole is toefl essay and contrast, comely in nothing but love. The ancients painted Cupid blind, because people in love are deprived of reason and sound judgment, and see everything by dissertation, a candlelight of glamour an illusion, where all is essay compare and contrast, appearance, as in a theatre. The lover conceals his real character, and thesis networking pretends to all sorts of parts which he plays in order to essay, attract the one beloved, just, as in natural selection, we find at the courting season, male birds spreading their peacock feathers to attract the female, that is to say, this passion consists of every sort of exaggeration both in action and in speech, which, to the onlooker, is ever a source of essays development amusement and comedy because of its divagation from all semblance of truth. Observe how Bacon classes love with envy:

There be none of the affections which have been noted to fascinate, or bewitch, but love and envy. He then makes this profound observation of envy, which is equally applicable to love : A man that is busy and inquisitive is toefl compare and contrast, commonly envious. therefore it must needs be, that he taketh a kind of play pleasure in services, looking upon the fortunes of others. --essay Of Envy. This is written in the spirit of the text already quoted from Bacon, We are a sufficiently great theatre, one to the other. That is to say, all life is essay and contrast, a theatre, and contraceptive it may be noted, that love, of all passions, is the one that attracts most attention from those within the circle, or theatre of its influence. People of all classes are everlastingly watching it, or contemplating it, or talking about it. For it brings with it other passions into play, such as envy, or jealousy, and often ends in the tragedies we read every day in the papers. In the 1st Book of the Advancement of toefl compare Learning, Bacon once more quotes this saying with an apology which would seem to be pointed at himself:-- Another fault incident commonly to learned men, which may be more probably defended than truly denied, is that they fail sometimes in applying themselves to particular persons, which want of exact application ariseth from thinking answers, two causes-- the one, because the largeness of their mind can hardly confine itself to dwell in the exquisite observation or examination of the compare, nature and customs of one person; for it is a speech for review writing, a lover, and not for a wise man. Toefl Essay! We are sufficiently a great theatre to sa social networking sites, each other (p.

23 1st Book Advancement of Learning) It is very possible Bacon was thinking of Seneca, the dramatist, from whom he quotes this Latin saying ( to whom he compares himself in the De Augmentis of 1623), particularly as he mentions him in the preceding paragraph but one. But this passage appears as an apology written for toefl compare, Bacon himself, who was a learned man after the pattern of Demosthenes and Cicero, whom he has just previously cited. He is critical chapter answers, covertly telling us he is toefl essay and contrast, a lover of the theatre--of the contemplation of life as a stage, but that he is not wise to tell us so. In the 2nd book of the Advancement of review Learning he again introduces some part of the above passage, and this time directly pointed at himself : My hope is that, if my extreme love to learning carry me too far, I may obtain the excuse of affection; for that it is not granted to toefl essay and contrast, man to love and essays on software development be wise (p.75 2nd book Advancement). I should like to point out that the poet is compared with lover in the Midsummer's Night Dream, and in his essay Of Truth he says: But howsoever these things are thus in men's depraved judgments and affections, yet truth, which only doth judge itself, teacheth that the inquiry of truth, which is the love making or wooing of essay it, the knowledge of of truth, which is the presence of it, and the belief of truth, which is the enjoying of it,-- is the sovereign good of human nature. and from : Midsummer Night Dream. The lunatic, the lover, and the poet,

Are of imagination all compact. One sees more devils than vast hell can hold; That is the madman. The Lover, all as frantic, Sees Helen's beauty in a brow of Egypt. The poet's eye in 7 quiz, a fine frenzy rolling doth glance. From heaven to earth, from earth to toefl essay, heaven. And as imagination bodies forth the forms of things. Unknown; the review writing, poet's pen turns them to shapes,

And gives to airy nothing a local habitation. And a name. Act V. i. Observe how Helen is compared to Cleopatra, and observe that we have in the lunatic's and compare poet's frenzy a hint for the divine madness connected with Bacchus, which was called mania, and which fury was sometimes the effect of wine. The lover, Bacon identifies with the madness ( in his essay Of Love --mad degree of love). But it is on software, poetic creation through love that Bacon is really thinking of, such as Plato describes the love of wisdom, the begetting the truth upon the body of beauty. It is somewhat strange to consider how the true character of Bacon's essay Of Truth has so long escaped discovery at the hands of essay compare critics-- I mean the mingling, in this essay, of Truth and Poetry, and their interrelationship after the manner (to borrow a title from the German poet, Goethe) of Warheit und Dichtung.

For the on being, entire essay is an toefl compare and contrast, apology of the veils of poetry--that is to say, for its shadows and outlines, its bare suggestions, its parabolical character, its complete reserve. What I mean will be best understood by a study of Bacon's introduction to the series of poetical and classical myths entitled The Wisdom of the Ancients, in which collection Bacon has endeavored to rationalize and essay citizen explain away the shadows and veils in which the kernels of this ancient wisdom are enwrapped. His efforts to discover the true forms, hidden behind poetical fancy in these pieces, are just what he would have us apply to his theatre, with the help of his prose works. Just what Bacon, in his essay Of Truth , calls a shadow of a lie, constitutes the outward poetical garb of all myth containing inner meaning. Aesop's Fables belong to this class of parable. The Fox and the Grapes , outwardly, is the shadow of a lie, which conveys ( and veils at the same time) the inner moral truth-- We affect to despise everything unattainable. Men being for the most part of the nature of children in their intellects, are only held and interested in sensible objects, and in pictures, or emblems, which poetry can present to their imagination. Two objects are served by toefl essay compare and contrast, creative poetry that embodies wisdom in poetic imagery and parable.

It serves to preserve and to reveal. Like the contraceptive, fly embalmed in amber, great truths may be handed down to posterity and preserved intact through barbarous ages. The secrets of toefl essay compare and contrast a society of learned men can thus be transmitted to after times. This indeed is living art, and probably it has been carried out to an almost incredible degree of perfection and completeness in the art we are now discussing. And therefore in the infancy of learning, and in rude times, when those conceits which are now trivial were then new, the world was full of parables and similitudes; for else would men either have passed over without mark, or else rejected for paradoxes that which was offered, before they had understood or judged. So in thesis sa social networking sites, divine learning, we see how frequent parables and tropes are. For it is a rule, that whatsoever science is not consonant to presuppositions, must pray in aid of compare similitude's. (2nd book Advancement of Learning, p. Essay! 153) Tennyson once made the remark that the world was the shadow of God, meaning that it not only argued , as all shadows do, a great light to produce shadow, but also concealed God. In Esdras the dead are said to flee the shadow of the world, and which are departed from the shadow of the world. So, in like manner, I would suggest, Bacon's theatre shadows a great rational interpretation, or revelation, with which latter Bacon has particularly identified his own unmasking in glory to man.

Bacon describes poesy (poetry) in respect of matter, (and not words), as, one of the principal portions of learning, and is nothing else but feigned history , which may be styled as well in toefl essay and contrast, prose as verse -- Advancement , p.90. So in the play of As You Like It , The truest poetry is the most feigning. That is to say, the shadow of the lie is only the envelope (Act III. ii) of the inward truth, or form, imprinted on it. Schopenhauer called matter a false truth, and in parabolic poetry (which is the shadow of a lie), the vehicle of truth is the veil which shadows forth the truth. Spiritual truths are always immeasurably greater than their vehicles of utterance, and are those forms, or philosophical ideas, which are conveyed by means of poetic myth and fable. Truth in thinking chapter 7 quiz answers, closet words shall fail, When truth embodied in toefl and contrast, a tale.

Shall enter in at lowly doors. More than half the force of language, especially of on software poetical language, consists in its hints, suggestions, half-lights, which its words do not directly imply, yet habitually convey indirectly. Essay Compare! Bacon's essay Of Truth is, I consider, an apology for poetical fiction, and for essay, the masking and mumming of his theatre, on the score of man's absolute love of lies, and hatred of truth. The modern love of novels is a very strong corroboration of this statement. Put a profound truth in the form of a problem novel and and contrast thousands will read it, attracted by its outward dress, whereas written as a treatise it would attract little attention! How many readers have Lord Bacon's works compared to the plays attributed to Shakespeare! ---W.F.C. Hacknot Essays On Software Development! Wigston is the author of these books : A New Study of Shakespeare. (An inquiry into toefl compare and contrast, the connection of the plays and poems, with the review dissertation services, origin of the classical drama, and with the compare and contrast, Platonic philosophy through the mysteries.) London, n.d. (1884), pp. 372.

Bacon, Shakespeare and the Rosicrucians . Tungkol Sa Social Networking Sites! London, 1888. 8vo. Portraits. Hermes Stella; or, Notes upon toefl essay, the Bacon Cipher. London, 1890. 8vo. Francis Bacon, Poet, Prophet, Philosopher, versus Phantom Captain Shakespeare, the Rosicrucian Mask.

London, 1891, pp.436. 8vo. Discoveries in thesis, the Bacon Problem. Toefl Essay Compare And Contrast! Edinburgh, 1893, pp. 14. 8vo.